9.06.2007

end of summer resolutions:

now that the frantic summer vacations are over.. and life is starting to settle down, i need to find something new to do:
what to do, what to do?

Resolution 1: learn guitar
considering i live with probably one of the best guitarists this side of the la river, i have decided to learn a bit of the 6-string. After two brief lessons of basics and although the tips of my fingers are raw, I can now play two chords... and once i can figure out how to play them one after the other, I will be on the path to playing two new songs:
Leaving on a Jet Plane & Brown Eyed Girl (a little colorado and a little northern ireland - woohoo)
perhaps when i am really good, i will tackle Ringworm... perhaps not.

Resolution 2: keep plants alive
I am the proud owner of 3 new ivys which, as of today, have been doing very well, and new growth is present. maybe someday soon, i will be one of those people who has crazy huge ivy in every room that grows over everything, and becomes part of the house... you never know!... i was pretty successful with my vegetable garden this year: fresh cherry tomatoes, and very very little bell peppers.

Resolution 3: cook dinner at least 3 times a week
I love to cook - all this top chef excitement is making me hungry... and now that my kitchen is emaculate from the 4 hour cleaning that took place after we were ruthlessly attacked by ants, i think that i will need to put it to use. i have also recently realized that i really like mushrooms.. and my recent experiment of sauteed mushrooms and onions (very fancy i know) has proven deliciously successful! there is now nothing better than mushroom and onion sauteed sake seitan with steamed fresh corn on the cob and a glass of Tempranillo wine.

so that's basically the extent of my new "end of summer resolutions"... i don't want to overload myself as i tend to not follow through with new things... surprise surprise

until next time.. when dinner, decor, and entertainment is on me :)

No comments: